Cross border shipments
- Shipments across Canada / US borders may incur customs and brokerage fees and import duty charges. Urban Pot will always inform you of all added charges and wait for your explicit approval before processing your payment.
- For custom orders that require production or added service we will notify you of the projected lead time.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances which necessarily delay your delivery, you will be informed accordingly.
- All orders are subject to availability.
- Please note that pallet deliveries are road-side or loading bay only.
- If the delivery is to be roadside it is essential that you make arrangements to safely off-load the goods when receiving the delivery.
- If your purchase contains heavy planters it is important to have the manpower or equipment required for off loading ready.
- Residential deliveries will incur an added surcharge. You will be informed of any additional charges prior to final sale.
Delivery Inspection (important!)
- Upon delivery of your purchase you will be required to sign a delivery note. Please ensure that someone is present to receive your order.
- In signing the delivery note, you are acknowledging that the item(s) delivered are in good condition and have not damaged en route. It is therefore essential that products are carefully inspected for visible damage with the driver present.
- The driver may press for a signature but do not sign the delivery receipt until you are satisfied there is no damage. Be considerate of the driver’s busy schedule and inspect the pieces as quickly as possible.
- Please check the outside surface of the delivery thoroughly. If there is any evidence of rough handling or if any part appears to be punctured, crushed, dented, torn or wet, please note this condition on the Delivery Receipt before you sign for the shipment.
- If the product is visibly damaged beyond a minor touchup repair, REFUSE IT. It will be returned to us for possible salvage.
- In the event of suspected damage and the driver refuses to wait while you inspect the shipment in further detail, please write the following on the Delivery Receipt: “Damage suspected. Driver unwilling to wait for inspection of contents. Detailed inspection of contents will be made by consignee after delivery.”
- If the product is not visibly damaged upon initial inspection and damage is discovered after further unpacking, STOP AND CALL THE CARRIER. Request an immediate inspection and follow all of their instructions. Do not finish unpacking. Save all the original packaging material.
- Customers are responsible for properly describing any and all damages on the Delivery Receipt. In the event the Delivery Receipt is not properly filled out and customers see damage to the boxes that are not noted on the Delivery Receipt, customers will be responsible for additional item re-shipment charges as well as 65% product replacement fees.
- By signing the delivery receipt free and clear and not noting damage, any damage reported later is the customers responsibility and not that of Urban Pot.